Firearm Safety Course
The Hawaii Defense Foundation has certified instructors that will guide you on your way to firearm ownership. We believe in a personalized firearm education, and hope to help you not just to get your permit to acquire, but to ensure that you leave your training session with a solid understanding on how to safely operate and maintain your firearm.
This Class Meets The State Requirements
To Get Your Gun Certificate!
Our Goal for You!
We want you to leave our class feeling safe and comfortable in the handling and operation of your firearm. More importantly, we hope to promote and instill confidence in you and your abilities.
What do the lessons cover?
- We will teach you about the three main rules of firearm safety: (1) keep your finger off the trigger, (2) keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction, and (3) keep the firearm unloaded until ready to use.
- Here we will discuss all the parts and pieces of a firearm, how they work and operate, and how to properly utilize and handle the firearm.
- Here on the islands, storage of your firearm is important. There are rules and regulations to comply with. In addition to that, it helps to know how to best keep your firearm protected from the elements that may harm them.
- Hawaii has an intricate network of laws and regulations relating to firearms. State law requires that you be informed of these regulations, we can help you.
- Before you start shooting a firearm, it is critical that you understand how the cartridges work. We will break down the cartridge into all of its smaller components. We even have cutaways to show you exactly what they will look like! Your safety relies on knowing what ammo is good and bad for your firearm./li>
- Our training will teach you the basics, and then move right into hands on training to ensure that you are familiar with the parts and pieces. You should shoot approximately 50-100 rounds depending on the speed and size of the class. There will be a variety of firearms to choose from in a range of calibers from .22, .38, 9mm, .40 and .45 Long Colt.
Course Length And When Can I Attend?
The course is about 8-hours long and includes both classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Normally, courses are put on a few times a month on the weekends. You can view our class schedule here, and if you don’t see something feel free to contact us.
What to Bring
Please bring some form of eye-protection (sunglasses, regular glass, or sport protection glasses). Our firearm instructors highly recommend closed toe shoes. And, if you are a lady, please avoid low cut shirts (brass may fall through it and burn you.) Participants may consider wearing a hat, as it can provide additional protection.
Cost is only $125 per student. This includes all your ammunition, certificates, and a membership to the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
Proceeds from this course help fund our legal efforts in defending the rights of Hawaii citizens.
Feel free to contact us at 808-664-1827 and speak with us about your training options.
Let us share our experience with you.